|How to find slice values that Analysis Services assigned to the partition dimensions?|
|Written by Vidas Matelis|
|Monday, 04 February 2008 18:32|
Q: How to find slice values that Analysis Services assigned to the partition dimensions?
A: Analysis Services allows you to specify partition slice information, but it also calculates slice values automatically. After partition is processed, Analysis Services creates file with information about that partition. File name is Info.<versionNo>.xml (example: info.2.xml). This file is located in the partition folder. Default location for this folder is:
In this file for each dimension attribute Analysis Services specifies minimum and maximum DataID value found in that partition. Bellow is example of what you can find in this info file. In this example you can see just info related to Date dimension and partition in sliced on one single month.
You can read more about DataID in "Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Analysis Services book", page 350. It kind of represents ordinal attribute key position in the attribute key store. First member based on the same book is allways "Undefined".
- How to install Adventure Works SQL DW and Analysis Services 2005/2008 sample database and project
- MDX-How can I get Last (Previous) Year to Date (YTD) values?
- What TCP port SQL Server Analysis Services 2005 uses
- MDX-How do you calculate monthly average of one year, optionally including empty months?
- MDX-How do I calculate sales for 12 Month to date?