Why domain user group name is not found when creating Analysis Services security role
Q: When creating security role in Analysis Services 2005 in the membership tab, I am entering name of domain or computer user group, but this name is not found. How can this be fixed?
A: To add user group to Analysis Services role you have to follow these steps:
- Doulbe click on role name in solution explorer. Role"designer will open.
- Go to "Membership" tab
- Click on the "Add" button. "Select users or groups" dialog will open.
- Dialog"Select users or groups" has 3 fields "Select this object type", "From this location" and "Enter the object names to select"
- Check value in the field "Select this object type". By default this value will be "Users or built-in securit principals".
- Click on "Object Types..." button. There will be 3 available object types: "Built in security pricipas", "Groups" and "Users". Make sure you select checkbox by the "Groups" type. Click OK.
- Select proper value in "From this location" field.
- Now enter user group name in "Enter the object names to select" field. If group exits in location specified above, it will be accepted.