|When accessing calculation tab in BIDS I am getting error Unexpected error occurred|
|Written by Vidas Matelis|
|Wednesday, 05 December 2007 19:34|
Q: When accessing calculation tab in Business Intelligence Development Studio (BIDS) I am getting error "Unexpected error occurred:Error in application".
A: Most likely this error is caused by mismatched SSAS dlls: msmdlocal.dll and msmgdsrv.dll. To fix this move copy this 2 dlls from folder:
c:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\IDE\PrivateAssemblies\
c:\Program Files\Common Files\System\Ole DB\
Note: Before replacing any dll make sure you backup them to safe location.
Additional info here.
- How to install Adventure Works SQL DW and Analysis Services 2005/2008 sample database and project
- MDX-How can I get Last (Previous) Year to Date (YTD) values?
- What TCP port SQL Server Analysis Services 2005 uses
- MDX-How do you calculate monthly average of one year, optionally including empty months?
- MDX-How do I calculate sales for 12 Month to date?