|NULL default measure might improve querying performance|
|Tuesday, 25 September 2007 19:09|
In some cases, it is not obvious or easy to create a default measure in AS2005 cubes. In fact, there is no default measure by default, which can lead to long query times for queries that specify no measures. We have seen slow behavior with several query tools that display an initial default query or heavily browse the hierarchies, especially Proclarity.
- Create hierarchies in non-parent child dimensions
- Do not ignore duplicate key errors. Change the KeyDuplicate property of the error configuration ...
- Do not forget to set properly attribute relationship type (rigid or flexible).
- Process only one partition so you can browse the cube
- Avoid visible attribute hierarchies for attributes used as levels in user-defined hierarchies