Please add our newsletter address to your safe senders list!
This newsletter can be accessed online at:
What: SSWUG.org Business Intelligence Virtual Conference 2008
When: November 5-7, 2008
Where: Virtual, straight from your desktop
As a member of SSAS-info, use this VIP code (xxxxxx) to receive $10 off your registration.
New website features
We started "free community advertising" program. The community advertising program allows you to publish an advertisement on SSAS-Info.com without paying for space. We allocated one 140x140 size ad spot on the website that will be shared between all community advertising participants. You will be allowed to post a free ad if you will publish in full your SSAS technical articles/blog posts on our website. This article could be a re-post from your blog, your companies website or it could be an exclusive article published just on SSAS-Info.com. As always, all your articles will clearly identify the author and will link to your original post. More info here.
We introduced 3rd party announcement list.
We introduced article filter by author.
We added new SSAS books to our book list.
We introduced article filter by tag (beta). Here are some tags you could check: "must read", "many-to-many","parent-child", "attribute relationship", "non empty", etc.We support filtering by multiple tags. Post here tags that you would like to be added.
- Microsoft released SQL Server 2005 Service Pack 3 - Beta
- MS released Cumulative update package 10 for SQL Server 2005 Service Pack 2
- SoftPro CubePlayer, a client for SSAS 2000, 2005 and 2008 introduced Intellisense features in its integrated MDX Editor
- Webinar with Chris Webb and Panorama - Going Beyond the Basics with BI for SQL Server
- Connectivity - Performance Testing of Teradata v12 with SQL Server 2005 Analysis Services - Part 2
- Data Mining - Getting Data Mining results into SQL Tables
- Data Mining - Using AS Data Mining to Add Forecast Values to a Cube
- Design - Attribute relationship example
- Design - Calculated members are better than assignments to real members (at least sometimes)
- Design - Loading duplicates records into SSAS 2005
- Design - v0.1 of my Visit/PageView Analysis Services Cube
- Design - IgnoreUnrelatedDimensions and Calculated Measures
- Design - Get most out of partition slices
- Design - MSSQL Analysis Services - Attribute Member Names
- Excel - Returning MDX query results in an Excel matrix formula
- MDX - Optimizing order of sets in MDX crossjoins
- MDX - SSAS WHERE vs. Subselect Puzzle
- MDX - Optimizing MDX aggregation functions
- MDX - Basic Set Functions: The BottomCount() Function, Part I
- Performance Tuning - SSAS 2005: Cube Performance Tuning Lessons Learned
- Reporting Services - Introducing Reporting Services Charts for Analysis Services
- Reporting Services - Reporting Services-generate MDX, Subselects and Formula Caching
- Reporting Services - Using Analysis Services Parent-Child Hierarchies in Reports
- Uncategorized - SSAS Tutorial: SQL Server 2005 Analysis Services Tutorial by Accelebrate
- Uncategorized - SSAS Tutorial by Exforsys
- DW - SQLBI Methodology at work
- BI Reports by DataMicron
- MDX Parameter Sample for SSAS 2005
- Analysis Services Activity Viewer 2008
- SSAS Webcasts - Creating an Analysis Services Project (SQL 2008)
- SSAS Webcasts - Video - QuickHit #1 - Ignore Unrelated Dims and Calculated Measures
- Perf Point - Video - Understanding the OLAP Environment - Basic Terminology
- MDX - Video-MDX 102 - Hierarchy Navigation
- MDX - Video:MDX 101-MDX: Basics and Structure
- Consultants - Chris Webb
- Training Providers - Chris Webb - Crossjoin Consulting
Do not forget to rate the articles! Thank you for that!