|How do you test Analysis Services 2005 role settings impact on browsing / querying behavior?|
|Written by Vidas Matelis|
|Tuesday, 11 September 2007 20:00|
Q: How do you test Analysis Services 2005 role settings impact on browsing behavior?
A: You can test Analysis Services 2005 role settings impact on browsing behavior using Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio or Business Development Intelligence studio (BIDS). Both of these tools in browsing window have “Change user” button that looks like profile of 2 people standing side by side. Pressing on this button opens “Security Context” dialog. This dialog has 3 options:
“Current user” is the default options and when selected, you are browsing cube using your actual security context.
“Other user” option allows you to specify any Windows user. This allows you to test expected browsing experience of that user.
“Roles” option allows you to choose from the list one or more available roles and test how their settings impact cube browsing. Note: It is quite common that single user can belong to multiple Analysis Services security roles. So do your tests not just on the single role, but also on common role intersections.
- How to install Adventure Works SQL DW and Analysis Services 2005/2008 sample database and project
- MDX-How can I get Last (Previous) Year to Date (YTD) values?
- How to fix Analysis Services deployment error No mapping between account names and security IDs was done
- MDX-How do you calculate monthly average of one year, optionally including empty months?
- MDX-How do I calculate sales for 12 Month to date?