|Designing a Drillthrough Action using SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) 2012|
|Written by Hans Esquivel|
|Thursday, 20 December 2012 20:28|
In this article we will examine how to design a Drillthrough Action using SQL Server Analysis Services 2012.
What is a Drillthrough Action?
A Drillthrough Action provides a way to return detailed transactions based on a aggregated value, and allows for you to restrict the total number of rows returned, which helps improve query performance. For example, let's say you run a summary report for total revenues by territory. With Drillthrough enabled, you could click on a revenue data value under the desired territory column to get details of how the aggregated value is derived. The details could include: Sales Person, State, City, Sales Amount, Tax, etc.Read more...
Latest Author Articles
- Create Dashboards using PerformancePoint Dashboard Designer (SharePoint 2013)
- Add conditional formatting to your PerformancePoint Services Analytic Grid
- Create a Reporting Action, using SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) 2012 Cube Designer
- Creating and using MDX Stored Procedures - ADOMD.NET Server Programming
- Create a custom Calculation (Calculated Member) using Analysis Services 2012 Cube Designer