StressTester - for SQL Server Analysis Services
Author - Peter Koller
What is Stress Tester?
- A distributed client - server solution to stress test SQL Server Analysis Services.
- Tests can be created from trace files or manually in the server application.
- Consists of two applications: A server that manages and coordinates tests and a client that can be deployed to multiple computers.
- Outputs a flat file with the test results that can be analyzed through a supplied (very simple) Excel PowerPivot model.
- There is some basic documentation under "documentation" on this site. Most controls have tooltips in the applications that explain their purpose.
Why would I need it?
To test the performance of Analysis Services in a "realistic" scenario where multiple clients concurrently issue queries.