Microsoft released SQL Server 2008 Release Candidate 0 (RC0)
June 6th, 2008. Today Microsoft released SQL Server 2008 Release Candidate 0 (RC0).
You can download RC0 from here.
- Readme for SQL Server 2008 Release Candidate
- Release Notes for SQL Server 2008 Release Candidate
- SQL Server 2008 Books Online Release Candidate (RC0)
- Sample Databases for Microsoft SQL Server 2008 RC0. To install Adventure Works Analysis Services database, you can use one of the available files (split is by CPU type and by code version - 2005 or 2008):
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Feature Pack RC0, June 2008. Includes SSAS related install packages:
Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Analysis Services 10.0 OLE DB Provider
The Analysis Services 10.0 OLE DB Provider is a COM component that software developers can use to create client-side applications that browse metadata and query data stored in Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Analysis Services. This provider implements both the OLE DB specification and the specification’s extensions for online analytical processing (OLAP) and data mining.
Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Data Mining Add-ins for Microsoft Office 2007Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Data Mining Add-ins for Microsoft Office 2007 enables you to take advantage of SQL Server 2008 predictive analytics in Office Excel 2007 and Office Visio 2007. The download includes the following components:
- Table Analysis Tools for Excel: This add-in provides easy-to-use tools that leverage SQL Server 2008 data mining features to perform powerful analytics on your spreadsheet data. Two new tools have been added for this release: Prediction Calculator and Shopping Basket Analysis.
- Data Mining Client for Excel: This add-in enables you to go through the full data mining model development lifecycle within Excel 2007 using your spreadsheet data or external data accessible through your SQL Server 2008 Analysis Services instance. This release adds support for new SQL Server 2008 data mining features including holdout and cross-validation, a new Document Model wizard, and improvements to existing wizards.
- Data Mining Templates for Visio: This add-in enables you to render and share your mining models as annotatable Visio 2007 drawings
Note: Instruction on how to install Adventure Works Analysis Services 2005 database can be found here.