|Q: How in DMV can I convert data_type field from integer to string representation?|
|Written by Vidas Matelis|
|Tuesday, 20 January 2009 03:05|
Q: How in DMV can I convert data_type field from integer to string representation?
A: Certain DMVs (for example $system.MDSCHEMA_MEASURES) used data_type field to describe measure type. This field is integer type. To get a textual data type presentation you will need to use DMV $SYSTEM.DBSCHEMA_PROVIDER_TYPES. Here is query to get a list of available data types:
SELECT DATA_TYPE, TYPE_NAME, COLUMN_SIZE, IS_FIXEDLENGTH
Here is a sample result:
- How to install Adventure Works SQL DW and Analysis Services 2005/2008 sample database and project
- MDX-How can I get Last (Previous) Year to Date (YTD) values?
- How to fix Analysis Services deployment error No mapping between account names and security IDs was done
- MDX-How do you calculate monthly average of one year, optionally including empty months?
- MDX-How do I calculate sales for 12 Month to date?