|Q: Which string functions can be used in the queries on SSAS DMVs?|
|Written by Vidas Matelis|
|Monday, 08 December 2008 02:02|
Q: Which string functions can be used in the queries on SSAS DMVs?
A: SELECT statements on SSAS DMVs accepts just a very few string functions:
Here are examples:
1. Following query returns a list of available cubes that start with character "$". Internally SSAS treats dimensions as cubes and these "dimension cubes" starts with character "$":
2. Same query as above, but instead of mid function we used left function:
3. Following query returns a list of available cubes (not including perspectives) in the database:
In this statement we choose to use LEN function to test if BASE_CUBE_NAME field is empty. Note: here using BASE_CUBE_NAME = '' does not work (I do not know why).
- How to install Adventure Works SQL DW and Analysis Services 2005/2008 sample database and project
- MDX-How can I get Last (Previous) Year to Date (YTD) values?
- How to fix Analysis Services deployment error No mapping between account names and security IDs was done
- MDX-How do you calculate monthly average of one year, optionally including empty months?
- What TCP port SQL Server Analysis Services 2005 uses