|What TCP port SQL Server Analysis Services 2005 uses|
|Written by Vidas Matelis|
|Saturday, 14 April 2007 09:36|
Q: What TCP port Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services 2005 uses?
A: Default instance of Analysis Services uses TCP port 2383. Named SSAS instances use dynamic ports. You can specify port that you want SSAS to listen in Analysis Services property "Port". If property "Port" is not specified (0), then port is picked dynamically. You can check dynamically assigned port in msmdredir.ini file located in %Program files%\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Shared\ASConfig. Find <Instances> tag and <Port> tag for instance you are interested in. Example
If you are using SQL Browser service, it uses port 2382.
- How to install Adventure Works SQL DW and Analysis Services 2005/2008 sample database and project
- MDX-How can I get Last (Previous) Year to Date (YTD) values?
- What TCP port SQL Server Analysis Services 2005 uses
- MDX-How do you calculate monthly average of one year, optionally including empty months?
- MDX-How do I calculate sales for 12 Month to date?