|Q: Why on SSAS 2005 after restoring database backup I am getting corruption error?|
|Written by Vidas Matelis|
|Thursday, 23 September 2010 00:23|
Q: Why on SSAS 2005 after restoring database backup I am getting error while querying one of the cubes:
File system error: The following file is corrupted: Physical file: \\?\e:\AS_Data\<DatabaseID>\<CubeID>.cub\<MeasureGroupID>.0.det\<PartitionID>.0.prt\6.fact.data. Logical file.
A: There is a known issue with SSAS 2005 backup - it fails to properly backup disk files that are larger than 2GB. So after you restore such backup, some of the partitions might become corrupted and you are getting above listed message.
Solution to this problem:
To do file level backup/restore:
Consider also reading SQL Cat paper: "Sample Robocopy Script to customer synchronize Analysis Services databases"
This post was created based on Akshai Mirchandani (Microsoft SSAS Team) explanation.
- How to install Adventure Works SQL DW and Analysis Services 2005/2008 sample database and project
- MDX-How can I get Last (Previous) Year to Date (YTD) values?
- How to fix Analysis Services deployment error No mapping between account names and security IDs was done
- MDX-How do you calculate monthly average of one year, optionally including empty months?
- MDX-How do I calculate sales for 12 Month to date?