|Q: In SSAS 2008 I am getting an error message when generating usage based aggregations: "Internal error: The parameter is not valid."|
|Written by Vidas Matelis|
|Monday, 08 June 2009 01:35|
Q: In SSAS 2008 I am getting an error message when generating usage based aggregations: "Internal error: The parameter is not valid."
A: Usage based optimization (UBO) reads usage data from OlapQueryLog table that is defined in the SSAS parameters. By default that table name is OlapQueryLog. When you are trying to generate Usage Based aggregations and as a result getting error message: ""Internal error: The parameter is not valid.", that means that some of your records in the OlapQueryLog table does not match current SSAS database structure. This could happen for different reasons, that we will not talk about here.
To confirm that this is your problem, select all record from OlapQueryLog table for one measure group:
From the result set select data from the field Dataset and copy it to the notepad (make sure WordWrap is disabled). Do visual record inspection. In the correct result set all records will have comma symbols in exactly the same columns. If there is at least one record where comma symbol is missalligned, that means that you have corrupted records.
To fix this:
In SQL Server 2008 Analysis Services with SP1, error message looks like this:
- How to install Adventure Works SQL DW and Analysis Services 2005/2008 sample database and project
- MDX-How can I get Last (Previous) Year to Date (YTD) values?
- What TCP port SQL Server Analysis Services 2005 uses
- MDX-How do you calculate monthly average of one year, optionally including empty months?
- MDX-How do I calculate sales for 12 Month to date?