How can I build XMLA script from Analysis Services Solution project interactively-BIDS
Q: How can I build XMLA script from Solution project interactively ?
A: You can do you from Business Intelligence Development Studio (BIDS):
- Open your solution and then choose Build. Based on your configuration settings this will build Analysis Services database in the file bin/YourProject.asDatabase.
- Start SQL Server Deployment Wizard, in the "Specify Source Analysis Services Database" dialog point to database file created in the previous script.
- Answer deployment questions
- In the "Confirm Deployment" dialog check "Create deployment script" checkbox and specify "Script Location".
- This will deploy (!) database to the location specified and will create XMLA file that could be reused.
If you want to automate these steps, please read here.