|Charts that are dynamically "indexed" to first value|
|Written by Rob Collie|
|Tuesday, 08 October 2013 22:09|
I love this kind of thing. Last week I posted about measures that are indexed/normalized to make the scales match. The two techniques I suggested were "divide by max value" and "divide by average value."
Jon Peltier, Excel MVP and Visualization Guy, dropped in on the comment stream with some of his frequently-used techniques, such as "divide by first value."
I was flattered to see Jon show up here - I'm a Formula Guy, he's a Chart Guy, and we're not supposed to fraternize (kidding about that part). In all seriousness, our paths do not cross very often. We struggle sometimes to find common ground. But now, we have discovered our point of overlap. (Cue ominous music, "the world may never be the same again," etc.)Read more...
Latest Author Articles
- Schrodinger s Pivot, or Why CALCULATE() Should Be Your Favorite Function EVER.
- Repeat Customers in DAX: Three Flavors
- Displaying Top N, Bottom N, and "All Others"
- Blending "Time of Day" Analysis with Calendar/Date Analysis
- SUMX of IF: A Perfect Blend of Simple and Sophisticated