|Process Multiple SSAS Objects Simultaneously via SSMS|
|Written by Bill Anton|
|Thursday, 31 October 2013 20:06|
During SSAS development, there are often times when you need to process a subset of objects (ex. dimensions, measure groups, partitions, etc) in a SSAS database. This is especially true when you're working with a SSAS database containing multiple cubes with shared dimensions. In the past, to accomplish this task, I'd hack together a custom XMLA script and execute it (or wrapped it in an SSIS package or SQL Agent Job and execute it on a schedule).
I don't know about you, but I hate XML and find it a real pain in the ass. Which is why, going forward, I plan on using a nifty little trick one of my teammates showed me the other day that allows you to process multiple SSAS objects simultaneously via SSMS.Read more...
Latest Author Articles
- Moving a Cube Partition Without Unprocessing It
- Building an OLAP Farm in the Cloud with Azure Virtual Machines - Part 3
- SSAS Tabular: Scale-Out Query Architecture
- Building an OLAP Farm in the Cloud with Azure Virtual Machines - Part 1
- SSAS Scale-Out Architectures