|Deploying a Business Intelligence Solution Using SharePoint, Reporting Services, and PerformancePoint Monitoring Server with Kerberos|
|Written by Carl Rabeler|
|Wednesday, 14 October 2009 01:58|
This technical note describes how we designed and implemented a business intelligence solution that utilized a server farm containing Microsoft® Office SharePoint® Server 2007, Microsoft Office PerformancePoint® Server 2007 Monitoring Server, and Microsoft SQL Server® 2008 Reporting Services in SharePoint mode, all running on Windows Server® 2008 R2 and with all servers and applications configured for Kerberos authentication. In this technical note, we discuss the design requirements for this business intelligence solution, its logical architecture, the challenges we faced in architecting and implementing this solution, and our resolutions to these challenges.
Note: The business intelligence solution discussed in this technical note was configured and tested in the SQL CAT customer lab and is currently being deployed (substantially as discussed in this article) at a customer site.
Latest Author Articles
- Power View Infrastructure Configuration and Installation: Step-by-Step and Scripts
- Excel, Cube Formulas, Analysis Services, Performance, Network Latency, and Connection Strings
- Analysis Services Load Balancing Solution
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Analysis Services Consolidation Best Practices
- Deploying a Business Intelligence Solution Using SharePoint, Reporting Services, and PerformancePoint Monitoring Server with Kerberos