|Intermediate Data Mining Tutorial|
|Written by Microsoft|
|Wednesday, 12 December 2012 07:18|
Microsoft Analysis Services provides an integrated environment for creating and working with data mining models. You can easily bind to data sources, create and test multiple models on the same data, and deploy models for use in predictive analysis.
In the Basic Data Mining Tutorial, you learned how to use SQL Server Data Tools (SSDT) to create a data mining solution, and you built three models to support a targeted mailing campaign for analyzing customer purchasing behavior and for targeting potential buyers.
This intermediate tutorial builds on that experience and introduces several new scenarios, including common business requirements such as forecasting and market basket analysis. You will learn how to create a time series model, an association model, and a sequence clustering model. Finally, you will learn how to use neural network to explore correlations in data and to use logistic regression for predictions.Read more...
Latest Author Articles
- Profit and Loss Data Modeling and Analysis with Microsoft PowerPivot in Excel
- Create a memory-efficient Data Model using Excel 2013 and the PowerPivot add-in
- PowerPivot Table Import Wizard cannot find provider
- Analytics for Twitter 2013
- Refreshing Excel workbooks with embedded PowerPivot models from SharePoint Online