|Office 2010: Excel 2010, What-If Analysis aka Microsoft Finally has Built in Cube/OLAP Writeback!|
|Written by Steve Novoselac|
|Monday, 28 September 2009 23:28|
Digging into the blog post from earlier this summer I wanted to see what was new and exciting in Excel 2010.
Recently I have been working on an cube and we want to be able to budget right from the cube. There are also many other cubes/scenarios where the ability to writeback to the cube would be awesome. Some BI tools have had this for many years! Microsoft had something similar with a Excel 2002/2003 add-in, but it has been removed. Also, there are many 3rd party tools to allow this. You could also write your own macros or VBA/.NET code to do this as well, but what was always missing was the ability to do writeback directly from an Excel (OLAP) PivotTable. With Excel 2010, this functionally finally shows up.Read more...
Latest Author Articles
- Office 2010: Excel 2010, What-If Analysis aka Microsoft Finally has Built in Cube/OLAP Writeback!
- SSASMeta – C# App to Log Info About SSAS Objects
- Excel 2007, OLAP Cubes: Customizable, User Defined Named Sets in Excel 2007 using VBA
- SQL Job – Check Cube Valid Data as Last Step
- Using Offline OLAP to Develop Cube Reports Without SSAS