Today SQL Server 2012 was launched and Microsoft posted on their website set of videos that would help you to understand what is new or improved in this release. For my blog readers I would recommend watching at least following videos (all under “Breakthrough Insights” tab):
- “Rapid Data Exploration: Empowering End User Insight Through Rapid Data Exploration and Visualization with Power View” by Carolyn Chau, Lead Program Manager
- “Managed Self-Service BI: End User Created, IT Managed” by John Hancock, Principal Program Manager Lead
- “Credible, Consistent Data: Going Under the Hood with the New BI Semantic Model” by Ashvini Sharma, Principal Program Manager Lead
- “Big Data Analytics with Apache Hadoop and SQL Server 2012″ by Saptak Sen, Senior Product Technical Manager
- “Breakthrough Insights with Microsoft Big Data” by Dave Campbell, Microsoft Technical Fellow
These are short presentations (about 20min each), you can watch them here.