Senior SQL Database Developer, Carpinteria, CA, USA
Monday, 07 December 2009 22:42
Senior SQL Database Developer
Includes all tasks and responsibilities associated with being a SQL Server Developer, SQL Server Administrator, Data Warehouse Engineer, and Reporting Services developer.
- Perform MS SQL Server 2005/2008 database development, support, and administration tasks
- Hands on knowledge with MS SQL Server 2005/2008 Business Intelligence offering products - Analysis Services, Reporting Services and Integration Services
- Develop SSIS ETL packages, Data Mining algorithm, Reporting Services Web Reports and T-SQL based stored procedures
- OLAP Cube creation, and maintenance, ongoing optimization of the existing data structures and creating reports
- Logical & physical design of the database, creation of tables, views, procedures, packages and other database objects
- Maintain and monitor all the database systems to ensure their proper operation, performance, disaster recovery and availability
- Contribute to the technical design of databases including schema and stored procedures
- Employ best database development knowledge to address performance, scalability and efficiency issues with large data warehouse databases.
- Design and develop databases in SQL Server 2005, along with the ETL applications required to build them.
- Develop and support OLAP, star schemas, cubes, and conduct data mining and analysis.
- Respond to and solve technical problems
- Work with application developers to create and update database components
Experience and Qualifications:
- Must have 5 years of MS SQL Server 2005/2008 programming and administration hands on experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Data Warehouse development and engineering experience
- Experience in SQL programming and database support of a high volume 24x7 consumer facing website.
- Data Warehouse administration and development
- Process oriented with strong communication and documentation skills
- Developing SSIS packages, Reporting services, Dashboard reports and Email Reports
- Transact-SQL/T-SQL in SQL Server 2005 environment, complex queries, stored procedures, functions and other related system objects
- SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) - 2005 OLAP experience including design and deployment of complex cubes and writing MDX queries
- SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS)
- Database tuning, optimization, monitoring, backup and recovery
- Experience as a developer in other database, data warehouse technologies is a definite plus - MySQL, Oracle, Microstrategy, Business Objects, TeraData
- Experience as a programmer in C#, .NET technologies is a definite plus
- Organized, self-motivator, great communicator and detail oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills at the business and technical level
- Strong work ethic, commitment and team work
- Ability to multi-task with little supervision
- Able to work flexible hours, especially during product launches and production environment issues
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. An employee may also perform other reasonable related business duties as assigned by immediate supervisor or management.
Please apply to:
Talent Acquisition Specialist
Lynda Inc. | 6410 Via Real
Carpinteria, CA 93013