|MDX-How do you compare dimension level name to specific value|
|Written by Vidas Matelis|
|Tuesday, 27 March 2007 19:34|
Q: How do you compare dimension level name to specific value?
A: Best way to compare if specific dimension is at certain level is by using 'IS' operator:
You also have an option to use .Name function, but this is not recommended:
You could also check level number using function .Ordinal
Also you can find more information in Mosha Pasumansky blog here.
- How to install Adventure Works SQL DW and Analysis Services 2005/2008 sample database and project
- MDX-How can I get Last (Previous) Year to Date (YTD) values?
- What TCP port SQL Server Analysis Services 2005 uses
- MDX-How do you calculate monthly average of one year, optionally including empty months?
- MDX-How do I calculate sales for 12 Month to date?