Adomd Command Designer (Free)
The Adomd Command Designer is a freeware OLAP tool that you can use to design and execute statements and scripts written in the Multidimensional Expressions (MDX) language. Adomd Command Designer works with Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Analysis Services and Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Analysis Services (SSAS).
Adomd Command Designer is provided free of charge. So, you can use Adomd Command Designer as many times as you like, for as long as you like.
For Business Users
Using Adomd Command Designer you can:
- Type MDX query in the query editor pane.
- View metadata for cubes and other objects contained in an Analysis Services database in the metadata pane. Drag and drop objects from metadata pane to editor pane.
- Execute MDX query with more than 2 axis and view result in multidimensional or tabular view.
- Execute MDX query with parameters.
- Execute MDX query with macro-parameters.
- Explore multidimensional result in multidimensional grid with ability to pivot axis, change current slice in filter area, view member and cell properties.
- Save designed command and load saved command.
- Save and load command results.
For Reporting Services Programmers
If you design reports in Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and use Analysis Services as data source, this tool can help you to design and debug MDX statement with parameters. You can write MDX queries with parameters, enter parameters value in separate pane and explore query result in multidimensional or tabular view.
For ADOMD.NET Programmers
With Adomd Command Designer you can explore the behavior and results of different AdomdCommand execute methods: ExecuteCellSet, ExecuteNonQuery, ExecuteReader, ExecuteXmlReader.
View results in multidimensional, tabular or text view depending on execute method.
Parse your query to check command syntax before query execution.
Use AdomdCommand parameters. Type parameter name in query editor pane and edit parameter value in separate command parameter pane.
Use macro-parameters to make your query template.
You can tune AdomdCommand behavior by using command properties in command properties pane.
By quick choosing location you can view cubes metadata and query result in different languages.
Test cube metadata content and query result for different database roles.
Explore CellSet result in multidimensional grid with ability to pivot axis, change current slice in filter area, view member and cell properties, view SlicerAxis content. Explore CellSet result schema in tree view.
Save designed command and load saved command with command parameters, properties and macro-parameters.
Read more and download here...