|Is it possible to circumvent role-based row-level security with a well-crafted DAX query?|
|Written by Bill Anton|
|Wednesday, 03 April 2013 17:46|
Recently, while discussing role-based security in SSAS Tabular models with a few colleagues, the following question came up: Is it possible to write a DAX query in such a way that row-level security is bypassed?
At the time, we all agreed that the notion seemed ridiculous.if that were possible, what's the point of even having row filters in roles? On the other hand, I'd just finished Rob Collie's (b | t) excellent book in which I learned that the CALCULATE function can be used to "remove existing filter context".Read more...
Latest Author Articles
- MDX Script: Calculated Members (vs Named Sets)
- MDX Performance Tip: Move Calculations From the Query to the MDXScript
- Documenting SSAS Configuration Changes Over Time
- Moving a Cube Partition Without Unprocessing It
- Building an OLAP Farm in the Cloud with Azure Virtual Machines - Part 3