|Is it possible to circumvent role-based row-level security with a well-crafted DAX query?|
|Written by Bill Anton|
|Wednesday, 03 April 2013 17:46|
Recently, while discussing role-based security in SSAS Tabular models with a few colleagues, the following question came up: Is it possible to write a DAX query in such a way that row-level security is bypassed?
At the time, we all agreed that the notion seemed ridiculous.if that were possible, what's the point of even having row filters in roles? On the other hand, I'd just finished Rob Collie's (b | t) excellent book in which I learned that the CALCULATE function can be used to "remove existing filter context".Read more...
Latest Author Articles
- Quickly Analyze Large Objects in #SSAS Databases with WinDirStat
- SQL SERVER - Performance Monitoring for Analysis Services - Notes from the Field
- SSAS Tabular, Telerik, Multi-Value Parameters with DAX
- Automating SSAS Dump Collections using SQLDumper.exe
- Investigating xEvents in SSAS 2016 CTP2