|When to Use Measures vs. Calc Columns|
|Written by Rob Collie|
|Thursday, 07 February 2013 21:57|
It's such a fundamental question. When you need to write a PowerPivot formula, which kind should you write - a calculated column or a measure (now renamed "calculated field" in 2013)?
Well, there is no perfect 100% answer to this question. But there are a handful of crucial differences and guidelines that make your choice clear 95% of the time. And the other 5% generally don't matter.
So let's get to those guidelines and differences, shall we?Read more...
Latest Author Articles
- Speed: Another Reason to "Trim" Calendar Tables
- "CONTAINSX" Revisited: What WAS the Match?
- "CONTAINSX" - Finding if a value in table 1 has a matching value in table 2
- A Simple Trick for Combating "Stale" Slicers
- Bubbling Up Exceptions with "Sara Problem?"