|Connecting to PDW from PowerPivot|
|Written by Hilmar Buchta|
|Wednesday, 22 May 2013 21:27|
When connecting to a PDW from PowerPivot, there might be some confusion about what to enter as the server name.
Confusion might even start at the very beginning when choosing the proper external data connection. After opening PowerPivot, you might assume to find the PDW connection behind the "From Database" ribbon icon. But you have to choose "From Other Sources" instead:Read more...
Latest Author Articles
- Combining multiple tables with valid from/to date ranges into a single dimension
- The 'KeyColumns' #0 has NullProcessing set to 'UnknownMember', but the dimension doesn't have UnknownMember set to 'Visible' or 'Hidden'
- Power Query data loading example
- Migrating TM1/Alea formulas in Excel to Analysis Services
- A duplicate attribute key has been found during processing (revisited)