|MDX+SSRS #31- Query Designer in SSRS only allows the Measures dimension in the first axis|
|Written by Sherry Li|
|Sunday, 29 September 2013 22:07|
In Chapter 1 of the book MDX with SSAS 2012 Cookbook, in the first recipe "Putting data on x and y axes", I have given a simple example to show how easy it is to use the CROSSJOIN function to "combine" more than one hierarchy into the COLUMNS and ROWS axes.
SQL Server Reporting Services is a report design and information delivery tool, and has been adopted by many companies for their Business Intelligence reporting needs. However, building reports in SSRS accessing OLAP cubes in Analysis Services is not without frustration.
The graphical MDX Query Designer in Reporting Services allows you to retrieve data from any BI semantic model through the technique of drag and drop, without you actually needing to understand and write MDX queries.Read more...
Latest Author Articles
- MDX+SSAS #37-Ignore unrelated dimension or not
- MDX+SSAS #38-CALL ASSP.DMV() to document cubes in SSAS 2005
- MDX #35 - Properties() function with TYPED flag
- MDX+SSRS #34 - Query not returning results: there are good reasons
- MDX+SSRS #33 - Retrieve manager's key and fully-qualified member name