|SSRS + MDX: Dynamic Dimension Attribute on Row Axis|
|Written by Bill Anton|
|Wednesday, 31 July 2013 17:13|
Earlier this year, while building an SSRS report against a Cube data source, I got stuck trying to parameterize the dimension attribute on the rows axis of the dataset query. What I wanted was to provide the user with the ability to select the dimension (via an SSRS parameter) along which to calculate the measure.
My initial attempt consisted of building a dynamic MDX query and using a query-scoped named set and simply substituting in the dimension-parameter value at run time.Read more...
Latest Author Articles
- Quickly Analyze Large Objects in #SSAS Databases with WinDirStat
- SQL SERVER - Performance Monitoring for Analysis Services - Notes from the Field
- SSAS Tabular, Telerik, Multi-Value Parameters with DAX
- Automating SSAS Dump Collections using SQLDumper.exe
- Investigating xEvents in SSAS 2016 CTP2