|Date Filtering in Excel from your Analysis Services Dimension|
|Written by Gilbert Quevauvilliers|
|Wednesday, 22 May 2013 21:27|
I recently had to set up another Date Dimension and went through the process of setting up all the properties in the date dimension so that when it is used in Excel, the end users would then be able to use the Date Filters built into Excel.
The Excel Date Filters are very handy when creating Excel documents. As an example if you create your Date Filter to be for the last month. Every time you open your Excel document it will automatically filter to the current month.Read more...
Latest Author Articles
- SSAS (SQL Server Analysis Services) - Securing Measures in Measure Group for specific Roles
- Excel - User Input for Custom MDX query using VBA and Pivots
- SSAS - Using the SUM Function within a Measure Group to display a Distinct Count with SSAS (SQL Server Analysis Services)
- SSAS - Configuring the Slice Partition in your cube.
- Power View - Using MDX, SSAS Tabular and Power View to display potential issues based on past trends in data