|Date Filtering in Excel from your Analysis Services Dimension|
|Written by Gilbert Quevauvilliers|
|Wednesday, 22 May 2013 21:27|
I recently had to set up another Date Dimension and went through the process of setting up all the properties in the date dimension so that when it is used in Excel, the end users would then be able to use the Date Filters built into Excel.
The Excel Date Filters are very handy when creating Excel documents. As an example if you create your Date Filter to be for the last month. Every time you open your Excel document it will automatically filter to the current month.Read more...
Latest Author Articles
- Power Pivot and DAX in Power BI
- Sharepoint 2013 - refreshing excel workbook with direct connection to sql server analysis services (SSAS) cube
- SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) - Updating Project with Partition information
- SSAS (SQL Server Analysis Services) - Getting all partition information from SSAS Database
- SSIS - Creating new Partitions in SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) with XMLA and Analysis Services DDL