|MDX Interview Questions : How to prepare for SSAS MDX interview|
|Written by Siddharth Mehta|
|Friday, 10 September 2010 00:29|
As I serve / can serve on the interview panel for my employer, I cannot share any kind of interview questions, but this post is about how to prepare for an interview where you expect questions on Multi Dimensional Expressions (MDX). Below are certain points that should provide some hint / direction to keep in view, while preparing for your interview.
1) Work Profile: The depth and number of questions that you might face on the MDX section depends on the job profile for which you are appearing an interview. If you are appearing for a full time SSAS developer, expect the same level of brain storming on MDX as a T-SQL developer might face on T-SQL. If your interview is for a job profile of MS BI Tech Lead, MDX would be inevitably one of the sections. But that section might comprise of few complex queries to test whether you have ever worked on MDX. If you are a reports developer on a junior profile, you might skip away with questions on MDX, but if you are on a senior reports developer profile, you would still have to face MDX queries to a moderate level.
Latest Author Articles
- Using source data from an SSRS report in PowerPivot for Excel
- Enabling Drillthrough in Analysis Services
- How to remove parent as a child from a SQL Server Analysis Services SSAS parent child dimension
- Limitations of Static Named Sets in SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS)
- Controlling the use of linked objects in SSAS