Video - SSAS 109 - Attribute Relationships
In this video, you'll learn:
- What are attribute relationships?
- Why are attribute relationships so important?
- How do you create attribute relationships in both SSAS 2005 and SSAS 2008?
- What challenges might you have with attribute relationships and how do you address them?
- What is the difference between flexible and rigid attribute relationships?
- How can you mimic member properties from SSAS 2000?
If you aren't familiar with attribute relationships and don't know if you want to download this video, understand that attribute relationships speed up both processing and queries. You'll get better physical disk storage and better aggregations.
In this video I show you how to create attribute relationships in both SSAS 2005 and SSAS 2008. If you haven't seen the graphical attribute relationship designer in BIDS 2008, you'll want to check this out (pictured below). This video is long, running 57.5 minutes, but it covers this critical subject in depth.
Watch this video here... (You will need to register at the authors website)