SSAS-Info.com website update information for February, 2012
Written by SSAS-Info.com
Wednesday, 29 February 2012 03:27
Message from our sponsor
Get SSAS and MDX training from experts at Technitrain. These courses are taught by top consultants who have a wealth of hands-on experience to share and who can answer all of your difficult questions. You'll acquire the practical skills you need to do your job as well as learn the tips and tricks that only the experts know.
Next available courses:
The following information was added to the SSAS-Info.com website during the month of February.
- SSAS News - Feb 23, 2012 - New book released "Applied Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Analysis Services: Tabular Modeling
- SSAS News - Feb 23, 2012 - Microsoft released Cumulative Update package 5 (CU5) for SQL Server 2008 R2 SP1
- SSAS News - Feb 23, 2012 - Microsoft released Cumulative Update package 12 (CU12) for SQL Server 2008 R2
- SSAS News - Feb 10, 2012 - Microsoft released BI Image X: SQL 2012 RC0
- SSAS Tools - Better ASLB - Analysis Services Load Balancing (Free)
- SSAS Tools - ASLB - Analysis Services Load Balancing (Free)
- Uncategorized - SSAS Training Resources
- MDX - Using the Descendants Function
- MDX - MDX Functions
- MDX - YTD By Default, a year level was expected. No such level was found in the cube Error in MDX
- MDX - What Exists and What is Empty in MDX
- MDX - Examining MDX Query performance using Block Computation
- MDX - SSAS Cache Isn't Making Cents
- Excel - Accessing the Slicer through VBA
- Reporting Services - Filter a Parameter with Long List of Values Using Type Ahead
- Reporting Services - SSRS Gotcha!-Trying to use SSAS Time Intelligence in SSRS Reports
- Data Mining - Mining Structure: Issue while Processing when DataSource is OLAP Cube
- Data Mining - Why Time Series Forecasts Impossible Numbers
- Data Mining - SSAS 2012 RC0 DMX IMPORT bug Workaround
- AMO - Sample scripts to query and manage SSAS with PowerShell and AMO
- AMO - Doing a ProcessAdd in SSIS
- Performance Tuning - Using the MDX Script Debugger in BIDS
- Performance Tuning - An Introduction to SSAS Performance and SQL Sentry Performance Advisor for Analysis Services
- Performance Tuning - SSAS - Best Practices and Performance Optimization
- Design - The SSAS Financial Cube-Part 1-Ragged Hierarchies
- Design - Displaying Images frm Analysis Services
- Design - Cascading Measure Values in a User Hierarchy in SSAS
- Design - SSAS: optimizing processing query using reference dimension relationship
- Design - DependsOnDimension
- Connectivity - SSAS: Utility to export SQL code from your cube's Data Source View (DSV)
- Management - Processing using Snapshot Isolation in Analysis Services (SSAS)
- Management - What is using all that memory on my Analysis server instance ?
- Management - SQL Server Analysis Services Port (SQL 2005 / 2008)
- Management - Different Kinds of SSAS Processing in simple words...
- Management - Counting Number of Queries Executed in SSAS
- Management - SSAS can forgive but never forget
- Management - Process Structure in SSAS
- Management - Cube processing goes slow when there are dimension key errors
- Management - Converting from Peaks to Frequencies
- Management - Profiling SSAS : where have my milliseconds gone ?!?
- Management - ProcessUpdate and Partition Scans
- Management - Working with SSAS traces and the dreaded Textdata in SSMS
- Management - SSRS - Using Analysis Services Dynamic Management Views to Build Dynamic Reports
- Performance Point - Using PerformancePoint Services (PPS) with PowerPivot SQL Server 2012 RC0
- Tabular - Natural and Unnatural Hierarchies in the SSAS 2012 Tabular Model
- Tabular - Create a #dax Measure in a Session in #BISM #Tabular
- Tabular - Incremental Processing in Tabular Using Process Add
- Tabular - Creating Your First SSAS 2012 Tabular Project
- Tabular - Calling ProcessData in SSIS to incrementally load data into tabular partitions
- Tabular - So, what is the BI Semantic Model?
- Tabular - 3 Big Changes in Analysis Services 2012 Enabling Flexible Design
- Tabular - Pasted tables-a poor woman's display folder
- Tabular - Tabular verse Dimensional Design Concepts
- Tabular - Memory Settings in #Tabular #ssas (and Prepare for #msteched!)
- Tabular DAX - Detecting Total, Subtotal and Hierarchy Levels in PowerPivot
- Tabular DAX - DAX Measures, MDX Measures and Type
- Tabular DAX - Can EARLIER be used in DAX measures?
- Tabular DAX - Basic date handling in DAX
- Tabular DAX - DAX Query Plan, Part 2, Operator Properties
- SSAS Webcasts - Video - SSAS and MDX training
- SSAS Webcasts - Set of videos about Analysis Services tabular
- SSAS Webcasts - Video - Automating cube processing
- Comments - Any Microsoft tools for testing cube per
- Comments - ASTrace is part of the 2005 edition of t
- Comments - It says it's over, any alternate links?
- Comments - That saved a lot of time..Thanx Keep up
- Comments - Is it possible to expand the member prop
- Comments - Great list Dave. I would always ask "Wh
- Comments - You should try AnalysisPortal. very good
- Comments - Hi Sharma , Can you pls send the packa
- Comments - Great presentation. Doesn anyone have th
- Comments - Thanks yar
- Comments - Thanks a lot , pretty straight forward a
- Comments - Wrong link, "page does not exist".
- Consultants - Sheetal Kansal (Gurgaon, India)
And thank you for rating the articles!