SSAS-Info.com website update information for February, 2010
Please add our newsletter address to your safe senders list!
This newsletter can be accessed online at:
SSAS-Info.com Poll - current results
What is the most important feature for you in the BIDS Helper utility?
Aggregation Manager - 10.8%
Deploy MDX Script - 25.5%
Dimension Data Type Discrepancy Check - 3.9%
Dimension Health Check - 9.8%
Measure Group Health Check - 0%
Tri-State Perspectives - 2%
Smart Diff - 2.9%
All of the above features and more - 20.6%
I am not using BIDS Helper - 24.5%
(Read more about BIDS Helper here)
Please vote at: http://www.ssas-info.com/polls
The following information was added to the SSAS-Info.com website during the month of February.
- SSAS Tools - Kerberos SPN Generation Setup Tool
- MDX - Subselects and Calculated Members in R2
- MDX - Text in OLAP Measures
- MDX - All Member Properties - Name, Key and Level
- Security - One Cube, Different Dimensions, Different Data – with MDX
- Security - Applying Security to Calculated Measures
- Excel - Solution for SSAS 2008 multi-selects in Excel (Dynamic Sets)
- Excel - Self-Documenting Cubes in Excel PivotTables
- Reporting Services - Showing Server Aggregations in Reporting Services
- Reporting Services - Working with a Parent-Child Hierarchy in SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Reporting Services - MDX Parameter with Multiple Members Consolidated into Single Value
- Time Dimension - Add time functions like YTD to SSAS using the “Add business intelligence” wizard
- AMO - SSAS: Automating the Scripting of an SSAS database
- AMO - SSAS: Can I make my Distinct Count totals subtotal correctly?
- Performance Tuning - Common Analysis Services Performance Issues
- Performance Tuning - Analysis Services and the Windows File System Cache
- Design - A faster way to prepare dimensional databases
- Design - SSAS: Currency Conversion (Many-to-Many)
- Design - Why Use SSAS?
- Design - Recommended Practices for Analysis Services 2005/2008 Design
- Design - SSAS Calculated Measures for Business (III): Average Inventory
- Design - Implementing User-Defined Hierarchies in SQL Server Analysis Services
- Design - Building Your First Cube
- Connectivity - Getting data from SQL Analysis Services using Java and olap4j
- Management - Mind that collation : SSAS
- Management - Using MDX to work with the File System
- Management - Managing Analysis Services Deployment
- Management - Analysis Services Load Balancing Solution
- Management - Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Analysis Services Consolidation Best Practices
- Management - Aggregations Won't Fix Cube Performance
- Performance Point - Upgrading PerformancePoint Server 2007 to PPS 2010
- Performance Point - Screencast: Build a PerformancePoint 2010 dashboard using a Time Intelligence filter
- SSAS Webcasts - Videos - MS Analysis Services 2008
- SSAS Webcasts - 0 to Cube in 60 Minutes (SSAS)
- SSAS Webcasts - SQLBits video - Introduction to the Microsoft BI Technology Stack
- SSAS Webcasts - SQLBits video - Getting Dimensional with Data
- SSAS Webcasts - SQLBits video - Cache-warming strategies for Analysis Services 2008
- SSAS Webcasts - SQLBits video - Building cubes from ODS or Operational Systems
- SSAS Data Mining Webcasts - SQLBits video - Excel - An Excellent Data Mining Tool
- Comments - got an account problem, cant login, i've
- Comments - Thank you for all instrutions. It was gr
- Comments - Lee, Please post comments/questions for
- Comments - This works just with SSAS 2005/2008.
- Comments - Is this applicable to both Analysis 2000
- Comments - This works really well using Excel 2007
- Comments - Very helpful........
- Comments - Hi.. Can you give me the links to commo
- Comments - I had a similar problem -- I needed an o
- Comments - Dear Vidas, I hope you can point me i
- Comments - Yes, I've recently downloaded this from
- Comments - I need to calculate Inception To Date (I
- Comments - Thanks a lot buddy. This helped.
- Training Providers - Contemporary - UK based BI training
And thank you for rating the articles!